Makes approx 40 pcs | Prep Time: 60 Mins | Cooking Time: 30 Mins (incl jam)
- 2 cans 410g Ayam Brand™ Pineapple Chunks, drained and finely blended
- 100g castor sugar
- 1 no. cinnamon stick
- 150g butter, cold and diced
- 75g icing sugar
- 1 no. egg yolk
- 30ml cold water
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 280g all-purpose flour
- 50g corn flour
- 1 no. egg, beaten with a pinch of salt for egg wash
1. Put blended pineapple, sugar and cinnamon stick in a pot. Cook by mixing continuously until dry. Set aside to cool.
2. Place dry ingredients in a bowl. Blend in butter until crumbly texture is achieved. Add in yolk, vanilla essence and form into smooth dough. If the dough is crumbly, add a little water until it sticks again. Cover with plastic and chill for 20 minutes.
3. Roll the dough between 2 plastic sheets to 1/4 inch thickness. Stamp out wanted shapes and transfer to trays lined with baking paper
4. Roll a teaspoon of cooked pineapple paste into a small ball and place it unto the stamped out dough.
5. Bake in a preheated oven at 175 ºC for 15 minutes until golden. Cool on wire racks.