Makes 2 servings
360 g sardines in chilli oil
3 tablespoons mayonnaise
1 teaspoon chilli flakes
pinch of salt
50 g panko breadcrumbs
50 g instant oats
50 g plain flour
1 egg, beaten
- Drain sardines and reserve the oil and chilli.
- Set aside.
- Mix chilli flakes, salt, oats and breadcrumbs.
- Preheat oven to 200°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Lightly coat sardines in flour and dip into beaten egg then coat it with the breadcrumb mix.
- Arrange on the prepared tray and bake for 10 minutes or until crispy.
- Chop the chilli from the tin, mix with the mayonnaise and 2 tablespoons of the reserved oil. Season with a little salt.
- Serve the sardines with the mayonnaise and a lemon wedge.