- 6 pieces flat rice noodle rolls (chee cheong fun)
- 155g Ayam Brand Sardines in Tomato Sauce
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 3 stalks spring onions, cut into 7 cm
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 50ml water
- 1 tbsp sugar or to taste
- Mash sardines with the chopped onions.
- Unroll the rice noodle and place it flat on a chopping board.
- Cut into half. Place a spoonful of sardines mixture along with some spring onion and carrots. Roll it up tightly.Repeat until all ingredients are used.
- Arrange on a lightly oiled plate and steam for 5-8 minutes.
- To make the sauce, heat oil in a pan and saute garlic until fragrant.
- Add in soy and water, bring to a boil and stir in sugar.
- Simmer until sauce slightly thickens.