425g Sardines in Tomato Sauce
2 medium red onions, finely chopped
3 long red chillies, sliced
2 baguettes or any hard bread, split to 4 and sliced.
5 eggs, beaten
Salt and pepper to taste
2 tbsp cooking oil
1 cucumber, cut into slices
Tomato and chilli sauce, optional
- Drain sardines and mash into small chunks
- Add chopped onions, sliced red chilli and beaten eggs. Season with salt and pepper.
- Toast the bread on a non stick pan until crisp and golden brown. Set aside.
- Add oil to the pan and fry the sardine mixture. While mixture still runny but almost set, press a piece of the bread down lightly until mixture sticks to the bread.
- After a minute, flip bread over. Repeat until remaining bread .
- Serve with cucumber , mayo, tomato and chilli sauce.