Makes 2 servings
- 240 g Ayam Brand Sardines in extra virgin olive oil, drained and liquid reserved
- 200 ml water
- 100 ml coconut milk
- 1 tomato, cut into medium chunks
- 2 kaffir lime leaves, lightly crushed
- salt, to taste
30 g fresh coriander
20 g fresh Thai basil leaves
1 green chilli, chopped
1 stalk lemongrass
- Blend herb mix with the reserved oil and chilli from the sardines.
- Cook over low heat for 5 minutes, then add in water and coconut milk.
- Add in the sardines, tomato, kaffir leaves and simmer until it thickens.
- Season to taste.
- Serve hot with steamed rice